Monday, October 6, 2008

Why do fools fall in love...?

I'm leaving really soon so thought I'd finally have this cup of coffee with Tristan, my serious relationship ex...We landed up having coffee for 5 hours...it was really good. We've only seen each other once briefly since the breakup and the coffee went smoother than I could have imagined. We chatted through things and it was really hard to hear a lot of it but things needed to be said. I think the hardest thing is hearing him talk about other girls. He's hardly been with anyone and was horrified when he heard the odd person I'd been with, he said, "how many guys have you been with?" Shame, I think it's normally the guy who goes wild after a breakup and he thinks its the other way around. He also said, "I hope you aren't going home with all these guys" and I felt like telling him that he was actually insulting me, it's like he doesn't know me at all. Anyway, the rest of the coffee went well, occasionally we subtly tuned each other. He asked if I'd cheated on Dave and I said no, so he said, "Wow, he got off lucky hey". 'Cause I cheated on Tristan which is something I've always said I'd never ever do - but that's another whole long story. Things are still hurting but we left on a really good note... actually too good. We landed up having a good night kiss and it's amazing how good it feels when you've wanted it for so long...how right it feels, Its a bit of a mindf*%k.

6 comments:

Brian Mongold said...

The blog looks good. Keep posting.

Brian
http://eazycheezy.blogspot.com

Ashley Smith said...

Interesting post-we've all been there.

Steve Wohl said...

Nice blog. Life is easy. It is all about communication and integrity; the part that people fuck up is the 'hidden intentions' and negative self talk. If you manage to see through this, life is great, love is phenominal!

Steve

IB said...

I am really enjoying your posts. You have a nice, easy quality to your writing. Keep up the good work and post more so we can follow along.

http://idiotsstew.blogspot.com

The Cool Commentator said...

Wow well i guess you are now in Tailand! Sounds amazing!!! Really good that you have realised something needed to change, and changed it! not many people have the guts to do that!!

I havnt posted in AGES either but I have had a blogging spurt this weekend - hopefully you can still get on here and give us some updates about tailand soon!!

I wish you all the luck with your new adventures! pop in soon for a quick catch up! x

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't meet him. Never go back, thats my opinion. He will never properly trust you. If you got back togther it could turn nasty once you fight.

Good luck though!