Friday, June 20, 2008

Once in a lifetime...or maybe twice

Yesterday i had reason to celebrate, and that i did. I have at long last completly finished my studies and more importantly got the day off work. I was high on life for the 20 hours before the big event. It was extremely heart-felt and warm and I'm sorry to admit, i did become sentimental over everything for a moment.



I went out to lunch with my family after that. We spoke about all sorts - drank wine and ate amazing food. It was such a treat to sit back at 2pm and look at the kind and loving faces around me while i had a sip of wine and spoke crap with my family. I thought "this is the life". We're not at work, we're chilling and laughing and drinking and felt like we didn't have a care in the world. I even felt my mother relax for a bit!



After this, I went across to a lovely boys house who i've been sort of seeing and we drank delicious wine and caught up. He was always ensuring that our glasses were full, which was such a nice change from what i've always had before

1 comment:

Billy said...

Family can be very fun at times. :) Then sometimes they're just too annoying to deal with. But, you know, they're family. Et cetera.

And congratulations on finishing your studies! I am so waiting for that to happen; school has got me stressed beyond normal human levels. Gah. Stupid International Baccalaureate. I hope it'll prove useful someday. :/